A spicy, fragrant, exotic tea blend.
This recipe can be served hot or iced. Excellent served iced in summertime, and hot in cooler weather. Use organic ingredients wherever possible. There are many non-dairy options if you do not drink milk.
1 cinnamon stick
6 whole green cardamom pods
6 whole cloves
1 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and sliced
4 black peppercorns
3 cups water
2 black tea bags (or 1 TB loose organic black tea)
2 TB demerarra brown sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
(** rice, soy, or almond milk make good non-dairy options)
- Place the cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, ginger, peppercorns and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes.
- Return to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the tea bags and let steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and return to the saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and milk while stirring over low heat for one minute. Serve immediately.
Kreg Weiss is a co-founder of My Yoga Online and certified Hatha Yoga Teacher. Several years ago, Kreg discovered yoga while teaching health and fitness. Yoga dramatically transformed Kreg's approach to teaching health and wellness as well as changed his personal life bringing new direction in finding physical, mental, and spiritual growth.