This recipe is Thai influenced. It is a quick and easy dish! Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 cup uncooked brown rice OR 1 pkg. rice noodles
1 can coconut milk
1 cup cashew butter
1-2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen curry paste
1 onion (diced)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup raw cashews
1 tsp. sea salt
1 bunch spinach (steamed)
1. Sort through rice and remove any dirt, debris, or gravel. Rinse in cold, filtered water.
2. Cook rice in water (you can use a rice cooker).
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil until transparent. Lower heat.
4. Add cashew butter and allow cashew butter to soften.
5. When cashew butter has softened, add coconut milk and curry paste. Stir until paste is completely mixed in.
6. Adjust to taste adding more or less curry paste and/or sea salt.
7. Remove sauce from heat and add raw cashews.
8. Serve over brown rice or rice noodles and steamed spinach (optional).
This recipe was provided by Farah Nazarali, founder of The Smiling Yogi. Click Here to learn more about Farah or go to TheSmilingYogi.com for more nutrition information.