The availability of clean water is one of the central issues of our time, and we all need to do our part to use this resource wisely. Clean water is paramount to the eco-system of our planet.
Here are some tips for saving water:
1) Turn off the water while brushing your teeth, washing your hands and washing dishes
2) Do only full loads of laundry and dishes: if your washing machine has a setting for the amount of clothing you’re washing (small-large) choose a low setting
3) If your dishwasher has an option to run a “full” or “short” cycle, choose the short cycle
4) Take shorter showers (this also saves heat and reduces your CO2 emissions)
5) Get a low flow shower head
6) Water your lawn only in the morning or evening, water evaporates four to eight times faster during the heat of the day
7) Consider xeriscaping- a landscaping technique that uses native, drought-tolerant plants in favour of ever-thirsty grass
8) Install a rain barrel to capture rain from your downspout
9) Wash your car less often
10) Promptly repair any leaks around your taps
11)Use a reusable water bottle. It takes millions of litres of water to produce the plastic for single-use water bottles, and millions more to purify the water that goes into them.
Kreg Weiss is a co-founder of My Yoga Online and certified Hatha Yoga Teacher. Several years ago, Kreg discovered yoga while teaching health and fitness. Yoga dramatically transformed Kreg's approach to teaching health and wellness as well as changed his personal life bringing new direction in finding physical, mental, and spiritual growth.