This cleansing green smoothie recipe containing berries, hemp seeds and spirilina powder, is healthy enough to jump start your spring cleanse and delicious enough to leave you satisfied. The ingredients can be varied for a different flavor each day.
- 1 banana, preferably frozen (By adding frozen banana pieces, your smoothie is nice and cold without having to dilute the dense nutrition with water!)
- ¼ cup frozen berries (optional)
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds (Optional but awesome!)
- 1 tsp spirilina powder
- Water up to the 8 oz mark on the blender, or use 4 oz yogurt and 4 oz water.
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- pinch of cinnamon ( especially for cold people)
- 1-3 tsp bee pollen
- Pop all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add 1Tbsp flax or hemp oil towards the end of blending. You don't want to over-oxidize these fragile oils!
Choco-banana – omit spirulina powder and add 3 Tbsp ground cocoa nibs ( add an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant blast!)
Reese's – omit spirulina powder and add 2 heaping Tbsp of nut butter and 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs.
Berry nice –omit spirulina powder and add more frozen berries. Strawberries have tons of vitamin C!