Enjoy this quick, easy recipe Broccollini Fusilli. Broccolli is a power vegetable with a wealth of nutrients and health benefits. Broccoli is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A (mostly as beta-carotene), folic acid, and calcium. Broccoli offers a great balance of fiber with half of its fiber being insoluble and half soluble.
As a cruciferous vegetable, broccoli naturally contains two important phytochemicals-indoles and isothiocyanates. These phytochemicals have shown to increase the activity of a group of enzymes in our bodies that combat cancer.
225g organic fusilli
2 bunches of baby broccoli
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic crushed
oregano to taste
herbal salt and a touch of ground black pepper
1. Boil the organic fusilli in plenty of water for 14-17 minutes or till tender. Drain
2. Stem baby broccolini then chop into smaller pieces
3. Place broccolini into small saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes then drain
4. In a deep pan place olive oil, garlic oregano, herbal salt, broccolini and fusilli over low heat until ingredients heated through
5. Serve and sprinkle with some parmesan
Serves 6…remember portion sizes
Recipe provided by Rocco Sorace. Rocco is the director of Focuss Fitness. Rocco's Fitness Pilates DVD is a Mat-based Pilates DVD filmed on the beautiful beaches of South Australia and is the perfect companion to your, daily cardio exercise, new healthy eating plan and weight training sessions. For more information on Fitness Pilates and to order a copy contact, visit www.focussfitness.com