Very tasty and an excellent source of protein. Garlic is renowned for its natural healing properties.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Serves: 3 - 5 people
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes (in oil)
- 2 Tbsp. minced rosemary - fresh
- 3 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- dash of cayenne
- Mince garlic, sundried tomatoes and rosemary.
- In a mixer add garlic, beans, lemon juice, tahini, and salt. Process into a puree.
- With the processor running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Process until mixture thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and rosemary and pulse throughout, about 10 seconds.
- Sprinkle with cayenne.
Serve as a dip with veggies or bread.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.