Write for Gaia
Interested in writing for Gaia? The information below will give you everything you need to know to submit an article for publication.
Gaia is Your Guide to a Conscious Life
Gaia helps guide members on their personal transformational paths with the world's largest library of exclusive and original conscious media. Stream provocative conversations, expertly led yoga classes and series, health and wellness how-to's and inspiring films to any screen. By connecting members to people and ideas that fuel a conscious life, Gaia aims to empower everyone on their individual journey. Join Gaia as a contributing author and help us connect readers to people and ideas that fuel a conscious life.
Why Write for Gaia?
If you aspire to live a conscious life and want to help others on their personal transformational paths, consider writing for Gaia. We offer thousands of articles and videos to people around the world; the Gaia brand is recognized in tens of millions of homes in the U.S. The Gaia website is visited almost 50,000 times per day, all articles receive approximately 280,000 views per month, email efforts reach almost a million people, and Gaia's social media reach includes 1.6M on Facebook, 118.7K on Twitter, 33.7K on Instagram, and 7.2K on Pinterest.
Interested in conducting a social experiment, drafting a comparative analysis, writing about philosophy, or sharing a personal story coupled with research? We are currently seeking articles on the following topics:
- Have you had an alien encounter? Tell your alien encounter story.
- Have you had an encounter with mysterious species, like bigfoot or a chupacabra?
- Do you believe in crop circles? Have you seen crop circles?
- Which yamas speak to you? How do you live the yamas?
- Ahimsa: What are the aspects of a non-harming life?
- Satya: What are the aspects of a truthful life?
- What is your spirit animal? How does your spirit animal show up for you? In dreams?
- How do you live in the present moment? What tools or practices remind to be present?
Guidelines for Article Submissions
- AP style
- Exception to AP Style: do not use periods after bulleted sentences
- Original, unpublished content only
- Include in-text references if quoting numbers or statistics (i.e., "According to [title] study by the [publisher], [facts].")
- Article should link to relevant Gaia video content
- Use subheadings in your article
- Articles length between 1500-2000 words
- Do not use all caps
- If using hyperlinks, do not embed; add them in parentheses next to relevant text
- Do not submit videos or photos (Gaia sources graphics to support articles)
- Articles should include takeaways and/or a call to action
- Include a 115 character lede/ lead with an article summary and call to action
Awesome Article Examples to Guide Your Work
- Awesome article examples: Sacred Relationships and How to Create a Meditation Altar
- Check your style and correct passive voice with the Hemingway Editor
- Resize your profile picture for free with PicMonkey
If selected for publication, you will receive an email with the published URL. Your article may be featured on Gaia social media channels; please post and share if your article is featured!