Did you say, black beans? In my brownies? Yep! These ooey gooey, super soft and fudgy vegan black bean brownies are a total game-changer and so much better than the processed white flour, sugar and saturated fat laden originals. If you don’t tell, no one will ever guess that the magic ingredient is black beans!
Gluten-free, sugar-free, and 100% vegan, these brownies don’t skimp on taste not to mention, they are jam-packed with antioxidants, fiber, magnesium, folate, selenium and so many other treasures! You will feel amazing whipping up a batch of these to indulge in and of feeding them to your loved ones. Let food be thy medicine, right?
This is what I call soul food!
Makes 9-12, I use an 8X8 inch square pan.
- 3 Cups Cooked Organic Black Beans (or 21/2 BPA Free Cans)
- 3 Cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp Organic Chunky Peanut Butter OR Nut Butter Of Your Choice
- ½ Cup Raw Organic Cacao
- 1 ½ Tsp Natural Organic Vanilla
- ¼ Vanilla Bean (scraped), Optional
- ¼ Tsp Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
- 1 Tsp Gluten-Free Organic Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Chopped Raw Organic Walnuts
- ½ Cup Raw Vegan Chocolate Chips
Other Optional Add-Ins:
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- ½ Cup Dried Strawberries, Cherries, Raspberries
- 4 Tbsp Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds
- ½ Cup Raw Nuts of Your Choice
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- In a food processor blend black beans, vanilla, vanilla bean and nut butter of your choice until completely smooth.
- Add in the dates one or two at a time and blend/pulse until smooth.
- Add in all remaining ingredients EXCEPT your optional ingredients and blend until thoroughly combined. The mixture should be quite thick much like cookie dough.
- Stir in your choice of optional ingredients (I used chopped walnuts and vegan chocolate chips in this recipe).
- Line an 8X8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to mold the batter into the pan pressing down firmly with your fingers and then top with any remaining optional toppings.
- Bake for 75-90 minutes or until the top of the brownies appear firm. The inside will still be very fudgy and soft which is completely normal and will harden slightly once cooled.
- Allow the brownies to cool for at least 30 minutes and for best results, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!!!
- If they last long enough to store, pack them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.