Data Engineering Team LeadApply Now
Join our Engineering team to work on challenging technical and business problems using contemporary technologies with a group of talented engineers. We are a growing business with an important mission and offer a great opportunity for professional growth.
As a Data Engineering Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading a team to develop, operate and maintain our data infrastructure. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design and Development: Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and support production-quality code, ensuring high standards of data quality and reliability.
- Operational Expertise: Understand the operational characteristics of our production systems, identify abnormalities, and respond to and resolve any issues promptly, minimizing downtime and disruptions.
- Work Progress Management: Plan, track, and report on the progress of tasks and projects, ensuring that deadlines are met and project goals are achieved.
- Task Estimation: Accurately estimate the level of effort, complexity, and uncertainty associated with stories and tasks to facilitate effective project planning and resource allocation.
- Team Performance: Conduct regular team debriefs to evaluate performance and implement incremental improvements, fostering a culture of continuous growth and development.
- Stakeholder Relationships: Manage stakeholder requests for data harvesting into and through the data platform to support their business use cases.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in data engineering, including a demonstrated leadership role for at least 1 year, with proficiency in managing stakeholders..
- Strong technical skills in Python, Pyspark, and SQL.
- Expertise in at least one Big Data Technology (e.g., Hive, Hadoop, Presto, or Snowflake).
- Strong experience in ETL processes with Data Lake and Data Warehouse Architectures.
- Familiarity with at least one Workflow Technology (e.g., Airflow or equivalent).
- Proficiency in Agile development methodologies, including Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, unit and integration tests, and application monitoring and alerting.
- Ability to perform technical on-call duties and effectively use monitoring and alerting dashboards.
- Aptitude for quick learning and adaptability.
- High EQ with the ability to work collaboratively and maturely with stakeholders and a team.
- Familiarity with and affinity for Gaia content.
- Membership in Gaia is strongly preferred.
- US citizenship or an existing work visa is required.
- Must be able to work in Gaia’s office in Louisville, Colorado.
Nice to Have
The following additional skills and experiences are considered a plus:
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Presto, Airflow, Quoble, EMR, and third party APIs.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, and S3.
- Knowledge of New Relic monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with AWS monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Use of generative AI to help in the software development lifecycle.
If you are a highly motivated Data Engineer with strong leadership skills and the ability to drive excellence in a dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our Data Engineering team’s success.
- Type: Salary
- Range: $150000 - $180000 (USD)
More About Gaia
Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won’t touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia’s library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is “to empower the evolution of consciousness.”
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.