Senior Director of Business IntelligenceApply Now
As the Senior Director of Business Intelligence, you will lead Gaia’s efforts to both optimize our business and provide actionable analytical insights to our organization. This role reports to our VP of Growth, Business Intelligence, and Strategy and directly oversees our data analysts, with responsibility for, and total ownership of, Gaia data reporting and analytics from data analysis, automation, and maintenance to data integrity, reliability, pipeline and prioritization.
- Act as executive business lead for key business intelligence capabilities and executive level reporting of business health.
- Conceptualize and generate business-focused, actionable insights by synthesizing data, and obtaining organizational buy-in through effective communication
- Manage and maintain Gaia reporting tools from google analytics to the data warehouse
- Recruit, retain and focus / align strong data analysts and engineers
- Provide guidance to top management on KPI’s, metrics, and business decisions including accurate analysis of user and business data
- Develop, ensure and track consistent data definitions and assumptions across metrics and reporting
- Advise in the usage, interpretation, and automation of data to various business partners including but not limited to recommended tools and software
- Develop and implement strategies to support ongoing data management needs, such as governance, technology shifts, and regulatory compliance changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, and sales to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Implement a measurement and tracking system that enables departmental performance benchmarking against best practices with an eye toward the cost efficiency of our data-related tools and infrastructure
- Accuracy, Reliability and Timeliness of core business reporting used in this organization
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, mathematics, statistics, or similar, or 10 years business intelligence experience required. Minimum of 8 years experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a global technology company
- Working knowledge of digital media/SVOD and/or consumer web services ecosystem(s)
- Experience engaging with top executives and collaborating with business leaders to leverage the value of data to drive and influence the business
- Premier data engineering experience on cloud infrastructure (AWS), noSQL data architecture, and Qubole.
- Real-time big data analytics and ETL development
- Data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, DOMO, etc
- Strong Statistical knowledge and understanding of Statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, Experience e etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Strong experience and capacity to create and implement business processes surrounding Git, Airflow, Pandas, Presto, Spark, Hive, and a visualization tool like DOMO or Tablea
- U.S. citizenship or an existing work visa is required
- Must be able to work in our office in Louisville, Colorado
No matter how extraordinary a candidate might be, even if they could bend space and time with their brilliance, we solemnly swear that we will remain unyielding in our dedication to the in-office experience. Our commitment is etched in stone and cannot be swayed by even the most awe-inspiring talents.
Only those who possess the utmost love for in-office work need apply. Remote work enthusiasts, we respect your passion but stand firm in our ways.
- Type: Salary
- Range: $150000 - $215000 (USD)
More About Gaia
Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won’t touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia’s library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is “to empower the evolution of consciousness.”
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.