UX/UI Designer -YOGA INTERNATIONALApply Now
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the team. This person will design features across the entire YI ecosystem focused on our native apps and web experiences. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beautiful design and intuitive user experience, understands designing for target demographics, and can keep the user journey top of mind. Our UX/UI Design tools include low fidelity UX, high fidelity UI, visual design, and prototyping. In addition, UX/UI Designers contribute to research, testing, and QA.
Our platform is a streaming video platform focused on yoga. Our library of over 2,000 videos includes yoga practices, meditations, courses, challenges, and docuseries. Our members use our platform daily to learn and practice all aspects of yoga and meditation. The UX/UI designer will continuously advocate for our members and will strive to create simple, intuitive, engaging, enjoyable experiences.
The UX/UI Designer should be passionate about user centered design philosophy, care about design details, and be well versed in current trends and best practices. This designer should have a strong understanding of responsive design across device sizes and browsers. This person will report to the product lead and work closely with the content, marketing, and engineering teams. In addition, this person should be proactive about suggesting improvements to the current UX/UI and be able to collaborate with designers and stakeholders across departments.
Create visual designs for the YI product interfaces including the website, IOS, Android, and TV apps
- Generate ux and design documentation including comps, user flows, prototypes, annotations and specs
- Design beautiful brand and GUI components including icons, buttons, forms, and layouts
- Participate in feature testing through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with the other designers
- Work with developers and QA to ensure flawless execution of the visual design
- Create new features and iterate on existing features to create a better experience for members
- Manage your time and stories in an efficient and organized manner
3+ years of UX/UI or interaction design experience
- Expert in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or any other industry standard design tools
- Design expertise including photo editing, typography, vector manipulation, icon creation, layout, etc.
- Familiarity with web languages including HTML, CSS, SASS, JS
- Thorough understanding of responsive and grid-based design
- Experience in mobile design and an understanding of iOS and Android guidelines
- Experience with prototyping tools and motion design tools including After Effects, Framer, Axure or similar.
- Experience with user centered design research and testing methodologies including: usability testing, AB testing, surveys, quantitative analysis, qualitative analysis, etc.
- Understanding of the Agile/Kanban development process
- Some Yoga experience/interest is a prerequisite to applying
- Bonus if learning experience design is also a skill
- US citizenship or US residency with an existing work permit is required
- Must be available to work in our campus in Louisville, Colorado
- No matter how extraordinary a candidate might be, even if they could bend space and time with their brilliance, we solemnly swear that we will remain unyielding in our dedication to the in-office experience. Our commitment is etched in stone and cannot be swayed by even the most awe-inspiring talents.
- Only those who possess the utmost love for in-office work need apply. Remote work enthusiasts, we respect your passion but stand firm in our ways.
- Type: Salary
- Range: $70000 - $90000 (USD)
More About Gaia
Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won’t touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia’s library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is “to empower the evolution of consciousness.”
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.