Join our Engineering team to work on challenging technical and business problems using contemporary technologies with a group of talented engineers. We are a growing business with an important mission and offer a great opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting production quality application code, with a focus on frontend and backend development.
- Understanding operational characteristics of production systems and responding to abnormalities promptly.
- Planning, tracking, and reporting on work progress.
- Estimating stories and tasks considering level-of-effort, complexity, and uncertainty.
- Making incremental changes to improve team performance.
- Celebrating successes with the team.
- Professional, hands-on experience in:
- Relational Database Modelling and SQL
- An ORM, such as sequelize
- REST APIs
- At least 7 years of professional application software development experience, with at least 3 years in a growth company with annual revenue > $50mm and growing at over 20% per year.
- Experience with CI/CD, unit, and integration tests.
- Knowledge of instrumenting application monitoring and alerting.
- Technical on-call experience and using monitoring/alerting dashboards.
- Familiarity with Agile development: Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Aptitude for quick learning.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team.
It would be beneficial to have experience with:
- New Relic monitoring and troubleshooting
- Hybrid cloud technologies such as OpenShift
- A/B test platforms (e.g. Optimizely)
- Google Analytics monitoring and troubleshooting
Candidates with experience in any of the following will be considered a plus:
- Zuora or any Payment Processing System
- React Native
- If you’re interested in this opportunity to be part of our team and contribute to our mission, we encourage you to apply. This is a chance to grow professionally and work with a team of dedicated individuals.
- US citizenship or US residency with an existing work permit is required
- Must be available to work in our campus in Louisville, Colorado
- Type: Salary
- Range: $140000 - $190000 (USD)
More About Gaia
Gaia exists as a transformational network to empower a global conscious community.
Gaia (Nasdaq: GAIA) is a publicly traded company in Louisville, Colorado. We offer global video streaming of over 8,000 original series, shows, films, documentaries, and practices for conscious living to our members in over 190 countries. Our vast video library serves as a vessel for the community we seek to empower. We are not a subscription service that streams whatever pays our bills. Our content goes deep into select niches of Seeking Truth, Transformation, Alternative Health and Yoga channels. We often cover subjects that other media companies won’t touch.
We expect you did explore Gaia’s library of original shows, documentaries, and films. If our work on ancient wisdom, who are we, our true history, coverups, and metaphysics resonates, you might be a good fit for Gaia. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace our mission to empower a global conscious community, who hope their work empowers our community of inspired members, to be a catalyst of transformation. The best work we do every day is to remember our vision is “to empower the evolution of consciousness.”
The perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission include an on-site gym; a beautiful solar-powered campus, complete with hiking and running trails, community garden, and a labyrinth; and an on-site, mostly organic café that serves breakfast and lunch daily including a full-service espresso bar featuring locally roasted coffee.
Full-time employees are offered alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance.