Imagine oranges, lemons, and limes, served with yummy greens, currants, and nuts. This combination makes a light, simple, and delicious salad - perfect on a hot summer day.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp umeboshi plum vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 4 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled into long strips
- Handful fresh mint
- 1 long, red chili, finely sliced
- 2 limes, peeled and sliced
- 3 handfuls rocket leaves
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup black currants
- ¼ cup walnuts
- To prepare the dressing, mix the vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Season with black pepper and set aside.
- To prepare the salad, add all the ingredients to a large bowl.
- Stir gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Flood with the dressing and serve.