Many people do not realize just how important breathing, that is deep and focused breathing, is to your overall well being. If you can learn how to practice deep breathing and make that a part of your daily meditation, you will feel more balanced and healthy.
Here we tell you how and why:
1. Learn the Art of Deep Breathing: For those who do not regularly practice deep breathing, they may not know all the health benefits. Learning how to properly deep breath and let the breath you take in fill your lungs and travel through your whole body can help you to relax, stay centered, and take on anything in your life. This is at the heart of your well being and healthy living, so it is crucial to learn how to deep breath properly and practice it regularly.
2. Make Your Exhale Longer than Your Inhale: You should be letting the exhale take twice as long as the inhale for proper effects; that takes some practice. Take the time to take each breath in but then take twice as long to let it out so that you can really feel it throughout your whole body. This can work wonders for anything you are dealing with and is a good rule to remember!
3. Breathe Through the Most Stressful Situation: Stress can be easily melted away if you learn how to make deep breathing a part of your life. As you feel the stress coming on and starting to settle within your body, take the time to step away and take a few good deep breaths to allow the stress to simply melt away in no time.
4. Focus On Your Breathing for Pain Management: There is a reason why women in labor practice breathing exercises -- it really does help with the pain! By practicing contrived deep breathing exercises, you can block out the pain and focus instead on this therapeutic exercise for your well being. It really does help!
5. Breathe to Meditate: Meditation and deep breathing go hand in hand, and therefore both are essential for your health. Learn to meditate as least once a day to help you stay centered and well, and build on this to see the huge impact within your life.
6. Breathe and Stretch for Your Well Being: Yoga is a great part of a healthy lifestyle, not just for the exercise that it brings but for the stretching and breathing that it incorporates. When you are stretching and focusing on your breathing, you are working on your overall well being and this can work wonders for your physical and mental well being.
7. Breathing to Gain Energy: As you take in deep breaths, you will feel rejuvenated and this brings a natural energy to your body. Learning to take in breath in the appropriate way and holding it there will give energy to every bone and muscle in your body and bring you the natural energy you are after.
8. Breathing in Exercise: You are always told to breathe in exercise and it is because it gives oxygen to all of the necessary body parts. Take the time to really learn to breathe through your workouts and you will find that they are more effective and again that they provide you with the natural energy you are after.
9. Breathing Patterns for Better Health: Deep breathing and learning to embrace this practice is part of healthy living and well being. Learning to embrace it and develop and practice breathing patterns that work for you is a huge part of living the best life possible.
10. Breath and Let Life Happen: As you learn to embrace deep breathing, you will find that you can quickly meditate and go to your happy place to let life just happen. You will not be as stressed out and can learn to roll with the punches much easier. Breathing is not only an essential, it is also one of the best ways to manage things like stress, pain reduction, and anxiety. Incorporate these ten breathing practices into your life, and you'll find so many things so much easier to deal with and you will feel better, too!
Article by Mary Ward:
Mary Ward blogs about various job issues relating to health and the potential of the health care field, including how to study to obtain an MHA online. When stress hits, she works to breathe her way to calmer days!