This Bruschetta is absolutely scrumptious and so filling! It's definitely a meal in itself!
Over 75% of the fat content in an avocado is great for your heart! In fact, having more of these healthy unsaturated fats is better for your heart than eating low fat!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes, deseeded & diced
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp coconut amino sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar (balsamic style)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp celtic salt
- Ground black pepper
- Mix the tomatoes, onion, basil and dressing together in a bowl.
- Add the avocado and gently mix through.
- Slice some raw bread and spread a thin layer of Cashew Cream Cheese.
- Place a layer of spinach leaves over the cream cheese before placing a pile of bruschetta mixture on top.
- Serve immediately.
Best served with:
- Raw Bread (see Raw Banana Bread recipe)
- Cashew Cream Cheese (see recipe / optional)
- Spinach leaves (optional)
- If you don't have coconut amino or coconut vinegar these can be replaced with a balsamic vinegar.
- It's not essential to do the layer of cream cheese and spinach but this adds to the flavor as well as prevents the dressing from seeping through to the bread and making it soggy.
Audio Languages: English
Chia PuddingS1:Ep11 2 mins
Green SmoothieS1:Ep12 3 mins
Raw Red Capsicum WrapS1:Ep13 5 mins
You Might Also Like
Coconut IceS1:Ep10 4 mins
Peppermint SliceS1:Ep9 8 mins
Chocolate Mud CakeS1:Ep7 7 mins
LicoriceS1:Ep4 6 mins
Chickpea MeringuesS1:Ep8 5 mins
Gluten-Free Grain-Free FlourS1:Ep5 3 mins
Waffle ConesS1:Ep3 4 mins
Coconut & Coffee Pana CottaS1:Ep1 5 mins
Coconut Enchilada WrapS1:Ep3 4 mins
Collard Green WrapS1:Ep4 2 mins
Kale SaladS1:Ep6 5 mins
Beating DiabetesS1:Ep10 17 mins
Wisdom Of Eating RawS1:Ep7 16 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia