This cheese is so versatile! It's a great addition to your favorite salads or for use at any time when you would normally use regular cheese.
Makes: 1 bowl
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in water for at least 2 hours
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp celtic salt
- 1 probiotic capsule (optional)
- Drain water from the cashews.
- Place cashews, along with all other ingredients, into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender, if necessary.
- Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
- Once it is smooth and creamy, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- This cheese is so versatile and is great to add to recipes. You can turn an ordinary pasta sauce (raw or cooked) into a creamy pasta sauce by stirring through a large dollop of cream cheese.
- If you eat baked potatoes, add some of this delicious cream cheese before your other toppings. Add a little water to turn it into an instant vegan mayonnaise for coleslaw. It also makes a great spread on raw crackers with sliced avocado and tomato.
- Lasts up to 2 weeks or more in the fridge.
Audio Languages: English
Cashew MilkS1:Ep4 2 mins
Fruit SaladS1:Ep5 2 mins
Garden PizzaS1:Ep6 7 mins
You Might Also Like
Chocolate Mud CakeS1:Ep7 7 mins
Gluten-Free Grain-Free FlourS1:Ep5 3 mins
LicoriceS1:Ep4 6 mins
Peppermint SliceS1:Ep9 8 mins
Coconut IceS1:Ep10 4 mins
Chickpea MeringuesS1:Ep8 5 mins
Kale SaladS1:Ep6 5 mins
Krazy KrackersS1:Ep7 4 mins
Waffle ConesS1:Ep3 4 mins
Carrot SoupS1:Ep6 10 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia