If you haven't made homemade cashew milk yet we encourage you to do so soon with this simple recipe! Although cashews are one of the lowest-fiber nuts, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, all of which are important for maintaining good bodily function.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in water in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- 5 cups water
- 2 fresh dates, pitted (preferably pre-soaked to soften)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Discard soaking water and rinse cashews well.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender so that the liquid resembles a smooth, milky consistency.
- Milk will keep in the fridge for a week or more but it will separate, so just shake when ready to use.