Are you a chili freak? If you answered yes, then you will LOVE this recipe! Enjoy your meat-free vegan chili!
Serves: 5 - 6
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup celery, minced
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large heirloom or 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, soaked 2 hours
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup wheat-free tamari
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp dry oregano
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave, yacon syrup or coconut palm nectar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ fresh habanero or jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 cups cashews or macadamia nuts, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- Place soaked raw almonds and carrots in a food processor and pulse for approximately 30 seconds. Pay attention to the texture, as you don't want to over process it.
- Place carrot and almond mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add red peppers, celery, tomatoes, red onions and portobello mushrooms. Put aside.
- In a blender, add the sundried tomatoes, sundried tomato soak water, olive oil, tamari, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, oregano, salt, sweetener of choice and apple cider vinegar.
- Blend on high for approximately 20 seconds. It will produce a nice thick sauce.
- Add the sauce to the chili "meat"
- In a clean blender, add filtered water, cashews, olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt.
- Blend on high for approximately 20 seconds.
- Drizzle "sour cream" on top of the chili "meat" and sauce. Finish off with some extra diced red bell pepper and tomatoes.
Audio Languages: English
Superfood Fudge BrowniesS1:Ep11 11 mins
Strawberry ParfaitS1:Ep12 11 mins
You Might Also Like
Berrilicious BrowniesS1:Ep9 12 mins
Cashew CreamS1:Ep10 5 mins
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Vegan Shepherd's PieS1:Ep6 38 mins
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
The Best Ever Vegan Mac & CheeseS1:Ep2 12 mins
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Berry Smoothie BowlS1:Ep4 6 mins
Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel SauceS1:Ep7 18 mins
Tempeh Roll-UpsS1:Ep5 5 mins
Raw Apple PieS1:Ep9 6 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia