Do you love brownies? Try these raw, vegan brownies and be surprised at how amazing they taste! Free from flour, refined sugar and nasty chemical flavors. With a rich cacao cacophony of flavors, this protein and magnesium-rich recipe is a serious show stopper. Plus, they're super quick to prepare and are completely raw & no bake, no fake.
Makes: approx. 20 medium slices
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 4 cups raw pecans, preferably soaked and dehydrated
- ¾ cup dates, pitted and packed
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp green powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp shilajit powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground vanilla
- ¼ cup dried cherries, reserved
- ½ cup crushed raw pecans, reserved
- Process the pecans until slightly chunky in a food processor.
- Slowly add the dates while the food processor is running and rock the base of the food processor to combine evenly.
- Then, add all remaining ingredients, except reserved cherries and pecans, and process again until well combined.
- Take a glass baking dish (preferably 8X8 size) and gently grease with coconut oil.
- Add the brownie mixture and fold in the reserved cherries/berries and pecans.
- Press down with your palms to spread the mixture evenly and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut brownies into squares and serve with warm fudge sauce or non-dairy ice cream. Keeps for up to a week in a covered baking dish in the fridge.