No need to miss out on your morning cup of coffee or afternoon pick-me-up. This Creamy Detox Latte is both delicious and detoxifying and has no coffee in it. Instead, it is made from detox tea, which makes it so good for you. It's the perfect afternoon pick-me-up and a delicious warm treat.
Why It's So Good For You
Detox teas contain herbs and spices that facilitate the liver to release toxins. You can purchase a store-bought tea or make your own from a range of herbs such as ginger, turmeric, dandelion, chicory, fennel, licorice, peppermint, milk thistle and celery leaf.
The coconut oil provides a good source of healthy fat which gives it a creaminess and richness while assisting with toxin removal by acting as a carrier for toxins to bind to.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 detox tea bag
- 6 oz (180ml) spring or filtered water, boiled
- 6 oz (180ml) unsweetened plant-based milk (coconut, hemp, almond, rice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 serving protein powder (vegan, whey or hemp seeds)
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 date, pitted
- Steep the tea bag in 6 oz of hot water for 3-5 minutes
- Remove the tea bag and add the tea to a blender along with all other ingredients
- Blend until well blended and smooth
- Sip and enjoy