Green Machine Fritters
Filled with greens and an incredible amount of flavor, these fritters will have your taste buds thanking you.
Serves: 6 large patties
(use organic where possible)
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped finely
- 2 cups zucchini, chopped finely
- 3 cups spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 cup spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup rice or soy milk
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pour the olive oil in a large pot and heat on medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic, celery, and broccoli and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes (do not brown the veggies).
- Add the zucchini and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, spring onions, and parsley and saute for 1 more minute.
- Leave the mixture to cool down.
- Squeeze out the liquid from the cooked veggies and herbs. Discard the liquid.
- Add the flour, pour in the milk and mix to combine.
- Add coconut oil to a hot plate and pour 1/3 cup of the patty mixture at a time.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, depending on how thick patties are.
- Do not press the patties down. Keep them at least 1.5 cm thick.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseS1:Ep6 20 mins
Potato BakeS1:Ep9 13 mins
Herb French ToastS1:Ep4 12 mins
Pasta AlfredoS1:Ep15 15 mins
Pasta MarinaraS1:Ep16 9 mins
Socca and Chunky SaladS1:Ep5 14 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia