No words can explain how great this is, from the spectacular sauce to the amazing 'cheese', the entire dish is wonderful. Have it cold the next day or freeze it for later.
Serves: 4 - 6
(use organic where possible)
250g gluten-free lasagna sheets, parboiled
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
- 1L water
- ¼ onion, roughly chopped
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- ⅓ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup savoury yeast
- Black pepper
FOR THE NEAT SAUCE (AKA MEAT)
- Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, skin on, roughly chopped
- 4 cups mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups walnuts
- 20 oz (600ml) tomato purée
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- To prepare the cheese sauce, add the ingredients except the seasoning, nutmeg, and yeast, to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until the potato is soft.
- Leave to rest and cool down.
- Transfer to a blender, add the nutmeg and yeast and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until well combined and smooth and set aside.
- To prepare the neat sauce, add one veggie at a time to your food processor, pulse till they form into a bread crumb type consistency transfer to a bowl
- Add the walnuts to your food processor, pulse till they form into a bread crumb type consistency transfer to your bowl of veggies
- Pour olive oil in a pan and heat on medium.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Stir in the processed carrot, mushrooms, and walnuts
- Add oregano and continue to stir and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add tomato puree and paste.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and coconut sugar and season with the oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Saute for a few more minutes until all the ingredients are cooked through. Set aside.
- To assemble, preheat the oven at 340 °F (170 °C) .
- Lay ⅓ of the parboiled lasagna sheets in a baking dish (size 25 cm)
- Spread ⅓ of the cheese sauce on top followed by the neat sauce.
- Repeat with another third of the sheets, cheese, and neat sauces until all is used.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Audio Languages: English
Vegan LasagnaS1:Ep6 31 mins
Vegan Neat LoafS1:Ep7 26 mins
The McVegan BurgerS1:Ep8 24 mins
You Might Also Like
Super-Herb Bliss BallsS1:Ep7 10 mins
Green Monster Radiation Defense DrinkS1:Ep6 17 mins
Miso Eggplant SaladS1:Ep3 20 mins
QuicheS1:Ep17 26 mins
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseS1:Ep6 20 mins
Broccoli saladS1:Ep4 5 mins
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia