No Nasties Thai Red Curry
As common as it is, this curry is a universal experience filled with ingredients that serve your soul and organs, and taste incredible.
(use organic where possible)
FOR THE CURRY PASTE
- 1 inch galangal ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 long, fresh red chilies, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 shoots lemongrass
- ⅓ cup shallots, peeled
- ¼ cup coriander root
- 5 long, dried red chilies, soaked for 5-8 minutes, seeds removed (optional)
- 1 tsp whole, white peppercorns
- 1 tbsp whole coriander seeds
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- ¼ red bell pepper (capsicum)
FOR THE CURRY
- Coconut oil
- 13 oz (400ml) coconut cream
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- ¼ head broccoli, divided into florets
- 4 asparagus stalks
- ⅓ carrot
- 2 tbsp umeboshi plum vinegar
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful mung bean sprouts
- Handful fresh thai basil or basil
- 1 fresh red chili, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the paste, add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- I used 1/3 cup of this paste for 2 people the rest of the paste freeze for another time.
- To prepare the curry, pour about 1/4 cup of the coconut cream into a pan.
- Stir in the 1/3 cup of your cooked paste
- Add kaffir lime leaves, palm sugar, and coconut milk and stir for a min and taste
- Add Umeboshi vinegar and taste
- Cook on low for a few minutes on low simmer
- Add the veggies, stir well. Taste and season.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and then add the cherry tomatoes, sprouts, basil, and fresh sliced chillies.
- Serve over a bed of rice and enjoy!
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
BrothS1:Ep3 9 mins
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Raw Apple PieS1:Ep9 6 mins
Mango Coconut ChutneyS1:Ep8 5 mins
Super-Herb Bliss BallsS1:Ep7 10 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia