Easy to make compote of apples and dried figs!
(use organic where possible)
- 2 green apples, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 slivers fresh ginger, unpeeled
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 2 cups water
- 5 dried figs
- Ice cream (optional)
- Combine the ingredients in a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Place the lid on top of the fruit and continue to simmer very gently for 10 more minutes.
- Check the apples. They should be soft to the touch but not falling apart.
- Serve with ice cream or muesli.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia