Skip the instant packet custard and make your own using only a handful of ingredients. This creamy, dairy-free, rich vanilla custard is so easy to make and it's the perfect breakfast or dessert option.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp arrowroot or cassava flour, corn starch
- Combine the coconut milk, vanilla bean, salt, and maple syrup in a pot. Bring the ingredients to a slow simmer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot or corn flour and water to make a thick liquid.
- Add the mixture to the simmering custard and whisk constantly until the custard thickens.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot or refrigerate and have it cold on fruit for breakfast.
Featuring: Chef Cynthia Louise
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia