Raw banana bread so delicious and nourishing it will make you reconsider the cooked version! Bananas are rich in fiber, antioxidants and several nutrients. Dietary fiber has been linked to many health benefits, including improved digestion.
Makes: 4-5 small loaves
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup psyllium husk
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup water
- Sesame seeds
- Process the almonds in the food processor until they look like slightly chunky flour.
- Add in all the other ingredients into the food processor and process.
- Shape into 3 small loaves.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Dehydrate at 145°F (62°C) for 1 hour - then reduce temperature to 110°F (43°C).
- Dehydrate for another 6-8 hours.
- Top with bananas for additional flavor and nutrition.
- To keep something raw, it needs to be at 110°F (43°C) but since we're only putting this for an hour, the temperature will just stay at 110°F (43°C). We set the temperature to 145°F (62°C) to help it develop a little bit of crust. Then, we lower it back to 110°F (43°C) after one hour
- Tastes best if eaten right out of the dehydrator and thinly sliced. These don't last long, so if not eaten within a couple of days, store in the freezer.