Charred Corn Salad and Salsa Dressing
Simple ingredients like corn can be so humbling to any kitchen. This recipe is fabulous in summer and winter.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- Coconut oil
- 5 corn cobs, whole
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into pieces
- 2 bunches baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado
FOR THE SALSA
- 3 capsicums (green, red, and yellow)
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 jalapenos, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1-2 packets corn chips
- To prepare the salad, preheat your barbecue plate, or pan on medium-high and add coconut oil.
- Add the corn cobs and grill, rotate until golden brown on all sides.
- Set aside to cool down. Remove the corn kernels and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the same barbecue plate and cook for only a minute. Set aside.
- Combine the corn kernels and asparagus with the spinach, coriander, and avocado.
- To prepare the salsa, add the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour into a bowl, add some corn chips and serve with the salad.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Un-fried RiceS1:Ep21 18 mins
QuicheS1:Ep17 26 mins
TempehS1:Ep20 16 mins
Quick & Rich Pasta SauceS1:Ep8 10 mins
Pasta MarinaraS1:Ep16 9 mins
Kim Chi PancakesS1:Ep7 16 mins
Pad ThaiS1:Ep14 14 mins
Indian Coriander VeggiesS1:Ep10 18 mins
Vegan Spaghetti BologneseS1:Ep6 20 mins
Spicy CabbageS1:Ep19 14 mins
Coleslaw With Yogurt DressingS1:Ep7 11 mins
Fresh Rice Paper RollsS1:Ep3 13 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia