Learn how to make this probiotic-rich drink with milk or coconut water!
Makes: 1 whole jar
Why It's Good For You:
Kefir is a traditional, fermented drink that is packed with healthy bacteria to help improve the balance of good gut bacteria in your digestive system and improve your overall health and wellness.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 packs of water kefir starter
- 2 coconuts
- Carefully make 3 holes on the top of the coconut using a pointed screwdriver and a mallet.
- Transfer the coconut water into a jar and add a pack of water kefir starter.
- Either stir OR cover the jar with a lid and shake well.
- Allow coconut kefir to ferment for 36 hours at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator.
Note: To make Milk Kefir, follow the same method however use Milk Kefir Grains and shorten the fermentation time to 24 hours before placing in the refrigerator for consumption.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Cyndi O'Meara DinnerS1:Ep4 7 mins
Rocket FuelS1:Ep8 12 mins
Fermented Chia PuddingS1:Ep7 7 mins
Cyndi O'Meara LunchS1:Ep3 4 mins
Cyndi O'Meara SnackS1:Ep5 5 mins
Cultured BeetsS1:Ep5 7 mins
Body Ecology Diet with Donna GatesS4:Ep15 57 mins
Cyndi O'Meara PestoS1:Ep7 4 mins
Coconut Water KefirS1:Ep3 5 mins
Cyndi O'Meara MayonnaiseS1:Ep8 8 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia