Donna shares her medicinal recipe for this gut-health staple after spending years perfecting it!
Makes: 1 whole jar
Why It's Good For You:
Culturing vegetables allows healthy bacteria to grow, providing a source of probiotics to nourish your gut flora, improve your immune system and help you digest the food you eat.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 cups (24oz/710ml) filtered water
- Starter Culture (Lactobacillus Plantarum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 heads of green cabbage (shredded in a food processor)
- 6 carrots (shredded in a food processor)
- Ginger, peeled and chopped
- Garlic, peeled and chopped