Don't you love the feeling when eating an incredible, healthy, & whole dish? It hits your taste buds with a sensational explosion while your organs are getting exactly what nature requires from you. This dish is no different!
(use organic where possible)
- Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 15 cm sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 250g portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 tbsp dried porcini mushroom powder
- 1 cup white wine
- 1.5 ltr boiling water
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp savoury yeast
- Parsley ( Optional )
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Pour olive oil in a large pan and heat on medium-high.
- Add the garlic, onion, and herbs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the rice and cook stirring for 1 to 3 minutes until translucent.
- Turn up the heat just a bit, sprinkle in the porcini powder and continue stirring.
- Turn up the heat again as the rice is getting more translucent.
- Pour in the wine and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add just enough boiling water to cover the rice and cook for 30 mins.
- Continue stirring while the rice is cooking.
- Pour in more liquid to cover the rice when the liquid starts to evaporate.
- When the rice is cooked and soft, taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Stir in the coconut cream and savoury yeast and add some parsley at the top then serve.