In tonic herbalism, the kidneys are considered to be the body's battery packs. They need to be supported in order to sustain healthy adrenals. If you have kidney stones, it is recommended that you drink a significant amount of liquid to help flush the stones out. These herbs and ingredients can help make the process more comfortable.
Dandelion root is a great overall kidney tonic and cleanser.
Chanca Piedra is an Andean superherb used primarily for liver, kidney, and urinary conditions, and is most well-known as an herbal treatment for kidney and gallbladder stones.
Horsetail is a diuretic (induces urination) and is considered to be an effective natural remedy for kidney stones.
Uva Ursi is a common remedy for kidney stones used for centuries to fight off infection in the urinary tract. It may help reduce pain and cleanse the urinary tract due to its antiseptic and mild diuretic effects.
Coconut water: Medical research in the Philippines has shown that young coconut water is an effective kidney cleanser. Regularly drinking young coconut water may help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
Pomegranate Extract: The seeds, juice, and extracts of pomegranates support and assist kidney stone formulas. This effect may be related to their sour and astringent properties.
Stinging nettle has a long history of use as a treatment for cystitis, as a preventative and treatment for kidney stones, and as an anti-inflammatory.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 liters (32oz) spring water
- 50% chanca piedra (15g)
- 5% uva ursi (1.5g)
- 10% dandelion Root (3g)
- 20% horsetail (6g)
- 15% nettle leaf (4.5g)
- 12 oz coconut water
- 1⁄4 tsp Longevity Warehouse Pomegranate Extract
- 2 squirts of english toffee stevia
- Celtic sea salt
- Heat all the herbs with the 2 liters of spring water to make the tea base.
- After making the tea base, let it cool slightly.
- Mix about 12 ounces of your tea base with the coconut water and blend together with the coconut water.
- Add the Longevity Warehouse Pomegranate Extract, 2 squirts English Toffee Stevia and the Celtic sea salt.