Before your afternoon or evening workout, top up your tank with one of these energizing balls.
Why It's Good For You:
During the day you run your tank dry. Most of us often feel sluggish in the afternoon and look for a pick-me-up to give us the boost before our training session. It is important to feed your body carbohydrates before your afternoon workout for a consistent energy release during training. This recipe contains medjool dates and oats for a hit of carbohydrates, fats from almonds and chia seeds to slow down the energy release, and lemon and turmeric as preventative measure against post-workout inflammation.
(use organic where possible)
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almonds or cashews
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp turmeric ground
- Extra 1/4 cup shredded coconut for dusting
- Remove the pits from dates and place in food processor.
- Add the other ingredients to the food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency.
- With a small spoon, scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet. Chill until firm.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
Audio Languages: English
Magnesium Boosting SmoothieS1:Ep4 1 min
Chocolate Chia Protein BallsS1:Ep5 1 min
Breakfast BarsS1:Ep6 2 mins
You Might Also Like
Homemade Baked BeansS1:Ep2 1 min
Toast ToppersS1:Ep4 2 mins
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Cookie Dough Bon BonsS1:Ep8 2 mins
Avocado Chocolate MousseS1:Ep3 2 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
The Blood BuilderS1:Ep10 6 mins
Nut Butter Chocolate FudgeS1:Ep9 2 mins
Steamed Fish In A BagS1:Ep11 3 mins
Waldorf SaladS1:Ep14 3 mins
Chicken San Choy BauS1:Ep8 3 mins
Simple SauerkrautS1:Ep5 4 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia