Nut free and date free, these chocolate chia protein balls are the perfect post-workout snack.
Why It's Good For You:
It may seem like a load of ingredients, but trust us, each has their purpose in the recipe. However, the star ingredient would be ginger! Ginger has been found to reduce muscle soreness or DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Which makes these protein balls perfect to consume post workout. One of the other great things about this recipe is that you can whip these protein balls up on a Sunday evening and store in the fridge for a quick and easy post-workout snack to save the fuss during the week.
(use organic where possible)
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter, or tahini
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder (or freshly grated ginger to taste)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to the food processor, except 2 tbsp of the raw cacao powder (for dusting) and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency.
- With a small spoon, scoop the mixture and roll into balls.
- Optional: dust with the extra cacao powder.
- Place the rolled balls onto a plate or baking sheet then place into the refrigerator to set.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
Audio Languages: English
Chocolate Chia Protein BallsS1:Ep5 1 min
Breakfast BarsS1:Ep6 2 mins
Cashew Ginger StirfryS1:Ep7 1 min
You Might Also Like
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
Jon Gabriel SnackS1:Ep5 4 mins
The Blood BuilderS1:Ep10 6 mins
Chocolate Vanilla Bean DreamS1:Ep2 23 mins
Avocado Chocolate MousseS1:Ep3 2 mins
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Jon Gabriel DinnerS1:Ep4 3 mins
Brain Boosting FoodsS1:Ep4 29 mins
Gluten-Free CrepesS1:Ep10 5 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia