Bread! There is so much controversy around it these days! Fear not, this homemade version is as good for you as it is tasty.
Serves: 8 slices
Why it's so good for you:
This paleo bread is great to have on hand for breakfast, lunch or as a snack! Suitable for the dairy and gluten intolerant, our paleo bread is loaded with ingredients that will help you feel satiated and nourished. Rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals.
Almond meal (or almond flour) is made from ground up blanched almonds. It is the best tasting gluten free flour and works well in gluten-free baking. This grain-free loaf is much lower in carbs and higher in protein and healthy fats compared to most commercial breads on the market!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 cups (300g) almond meal
- ⅔ cup (85g) tapioca starch/arrowroot flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (or substitute with whole chia seeds)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk, canned or homemade
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf tin with parchment or baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond meal, tapioca starch/arrowroot flour, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs, add coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove the bread from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool before slicing.
- Avocado, alfalfa sprouts, salt and lemon juice.
- Choice of protein and salad