Pau d'arco is the inner bark of a majestic flowering Amazonian tree. The pau d'arco tree does not rot, even when it is dead. Pau d'arco bark contains intrinsic chemical factors that fight fungus and mild, even in some of the wettest, most fetid environments on earth. This was likely how and why indigenous people started using the bark medicinally to fight fungal conditions.
Pau d'arco is a wonderful herb with many documented properties, and has been known to promote the following:
- Improves toxic blood-related conditions, such as acne, hepatitis, environmentally produced allergies and asthma and poisons attacking the liver.
- Stimulates the immune system to such a positive degree that it has been traditionally used as a primary treatment for viruses, such as flu, herpes or hepatitis.
- Eliminates candida and candida-type problems as a systemic anti-fungal.
- Inhibits free-radical induced cell-mutations, especially those within the blood or skin.
- Decreases the spreading of mutated cells and the formation of new malignant growths.
- Helps balance blood sugar levels, thus reducing the amount of insulin needed by diabetics.