A filling staple for parties, snack time and as a spread. Make this homemade version and you'll never use store-bought hummus again.
Why It's So Good For You
Chickpeas are high in fiber, protein, manganese and iron, making them a great nutrient-rich staple for vegetarians and vegans!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1½ cups garbanzo beans or chickpeas (presoaked overnight and cooked until soft)
- ¼ cup mild-tasting extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp red curry paste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- For a lovely open-faced hummus sandwich, spread a generous amount of the hummus on 2 slices of Paleo bread (see recipe).
- Top with bitter greens, spring onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Audio Languages: English
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
You Might Also Like
Chicken San Choy BauS1:Ep8 3 mins
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Avocado Chocolate MousseS1:Ep3 2 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Avocado Probiotic CupS1:Ep5 2 mins
Activated NutsS1:Ep3 2 mins
Gluco-Balance TeaS1:Ep7 8 mins
Seaweed ChipsS1:Ep1 2 mins
Homemade Baked BeansS1:Ep2 1 min
Raw Coconut Rough Ice CreamS1:Ep4 2 mins
Coconut Banana BreadS1:Ep5 4 mins
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Waldorf SaladS1:Ep14 3 mins
Zucchini FrittersS1:Ep12 3 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia