Thick, rich and creamy, this sauce makes a great accompaniment to veggies, cooked quinoa or tofu skewers. .
Why It's So Good For You
Store-bought versions are typically full of unwanted additives, including highly processed sugars, trans fats and loads of sodium. When you make it at home you know exactly what's in it, with no preservatives and plenty of nutrients!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned or homemade
- 1 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew or other)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp red curry paste (optional)
- 1 cup steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, and carrots)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk on low.
- Add the nut butter and the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Once heated and a creamy consistency is formed, the sauce is ready.
- Serve on cooked quinoa and steamed vegetables.