It's time to mix up your breakfast game! This sweet superfood combo of strawberries, acai, and coconut turn plain old quinoa into a delightful and unexpected meal. Store it in jars in the refrigerator for a grab-and-go breakfast or lunch all week long.
Serves: 4, easily scaled for more
Why It's Good For You:
Quinoa is one of the most versatile healthy ingredients on the planet. A seed that cooks like a grain, quinoa is naturally gluten-free and is packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and a good carbohydrate. Acai is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods on the planet, and even contains a small amount of essential fatty acids. The coconut milk adds more healthy fats, while the chia and hemp seeds round out the dish with even more protein, fiber, and texture. This low-sugar, nutrition-packed meal will keep you full and is great for your overall digestion and gut health.
(use organic where possible)
- 6oz full fat coconut milk, or sub ½ cup any non-dairy milk
- 1 cup purified water
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey or other natural sweetener)
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup plain cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 4-ounce package frozen acai
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Add the coconut milk, water, and maple syrup to your blender.
- Then, add your acai and about 8 strawberries.
- Blend them together well.
- Whisk the blended mixture with the quinoa, chia seeds, and hemp seeds in a large glass measuring bowl.
- Pour into two wide-mouth pint mason jars and let set overnight.