Quick, easy, delicious! All it takes is two ingredients for an amazing banana pancake breakfast!
Why It's So Good For You
These quick and easy pancakes are so good for you! Loaded with protein, they're a filling everyday treat! This type of breakfast has the best of both worlds as they're tasty and nutritious. The cinnamon will prevent blood sugar spikes and slumps and helps to regulate blood sugar levels. It is therefore an ideal spice for diabetics or pre-diabetics.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 handful fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt (coconut or organic dairy)
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, add the banana and mash together to form a batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil/ or butter in a frying pan and pour in the batter to create a small pancake, or, if you are using a large frying pan, you can create two small pancakes with that amount of batter in one pan.
- Let the pancake cook through before flipping it. After flipping it, let the other side cook through.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and yogurt, cinnamon, butter, pure maple syrup, nut butter, seed sprinkle, raw honey or your desired toppings.
- As a general rule, if you have a small banana, please use one egg. If it's a big banana, use two eggs.
- Using bananas that are "not quite ripe"; will ensure they bind well and don't end up spreading all over the pan (due to the state of the sugars in less ripe bananas).
- Make sure the pan is not too hot.