Did you know you absorb more nutrients from your food when there's a little fat added? Use this dressing on all your favorites for a delicious flavor and nutrient boost!
Makes : ½ cup
Why It's So Good For You
You can increase your carotenoid intake from foods such as carrots by two to six times the regular amount simply by adding healthy fats to your meals! Carotenoids are potent antioxidants that help prevent disease and take care of your eyes.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or as needed for consistency)
- 1 handful fresh, soft herbs (works best with dill, coriander or basil leaves)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add to the blender lime juice, avocado, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, herbs and salt.
- Blend until smooth; you may need to add a dash of water to facilitate blending.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.