Did you know you absorb more nutrients from your food when there's a little fat added? Use this dressing on all your favorites for a delicious flavor and nutrient boost!
Makes : ½ cup
Why It's So Good For You
You can increase your carotenoid intake from foods such as carrots by two to six times the regular amount simply by adding healthy fats to your meals! Carotenoids are potent antioxidants that help prevent disease and take care of your eyes.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or as needed for consistency)
- 1 handful fresh, soft herbs (works best with dill, coriander or basil leaves)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add to the blender lime juice, avocado, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, herbs and salt.
- Blend until smooth; you may need to add a dash of water to facilitate blending.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
Audio Languages: English
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
Simple SauerkrautS1:Ep5 4 mins
Avocado DressingS1:Ep6 2 mins
You Might Also Like
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Coconut Banana BreadS1:Ep5 4 mins
Avocado Probiotic CupS1:Ep5 2 mins
Raw Coconut Rough Ice CreamS1:Ep4 2 mins
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Activated NutsS1:Ep3 2 mins
Avocado Chocolate MousseS1:Ep3 2 mins
Mango Coconut ChutneyS1:Ep8 5 mins
Seaweed ChipsS1:Ep1 2 mins
Chicken San Choy BauS1:Ep8 3 mins
Pumpkin Choc Chip CookiesS1:Ep1 3 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia