Why it's so good for you:
This ice cream is vegan and dairy free, but it's an amazing source of antioxidants and vitamin C too! Berries generally contain phytochemicals and flavonoids that give them their bright colors as well as prevent certain types of cancers
Bananas help you reach your weight-loss goals, keep your bowels healthy, provide nutrients that regulate heart rhythm and have vitamin compounds for eye health.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1½ cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey
FOR THE SAUCE
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp stevia or 1 tbsp raw honey, to sweeten
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup ice
- Blend the bananas, mixed berries, honey and vanilla in a high speed blender.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients except for the ice in a high speed blender.
- Add the ice only when a creamy consistency is formed.
- Serve the ice cream in bowls and pour sauce over the top.