Perfect for a treat anytime of day! This grain-free banana bread will satisfy your sweet tooth naturally.
Makes: 8 slices
Why It's So Good For You
Grain-free baking is a welcome relief for those with autoimmune disorders. This recipe is grain and refined sugar-free, high in protein and a source of fiber. It's super yum!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 bananas, resulting in at least 1 heaped cup chopped banana
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 free range eggs
- 4 fresh dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp aluminium - free baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F (175º C). Mash bananas with chopped dates. Note: If the dates are quite dry and hard, soak them first in warm water for approximately 30 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy and then combine with the mash.
- Stir through the oil and maple syrup/ honey.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Put mixture in a loaf tin, greased and lined with baking paper. The mixture will be quite thick; flatten and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. The bread is ready when a knife comes out clean and the edges are browned.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge or eat while still warm!