A protein-rich savory roll packed with nutrients to sustain you all morning long!
Why It's So Good For You
Adding nori to your breakfast may sound strange, but it's a great addition to your meal! Known as an ancient superfood, it was once believed to be our ancestors' secret to health and longevity. For thousands of years our forefathers ate seaweed for optimum nutrition as it's rich in minerals, including iodine required for healthy thyroid function.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 sheet nori
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp organic butter or coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- Handful greens (spinach, arugula/rocket, bitter greens)
- Sea salt to taste
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 tbsp organic yogurt (coconut or dairy)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped finely
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add a small amount of butter or coconut oil to the pan.
- Whisk egg in a bowl and pour into the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute. Flip and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the avocado into slices.
- Lay the nori sheet onto a cutting board, drape the cooled egg in a line, cover with the avocado slices, greens, and the yogurt (for better digestion).
- Roll up, cut in two and eat immediately in order to not let the nori go soggy.
- You can also eat everything on a plate, cutting the nori strips over the mix and eating it with a fork, if you didn't want to roll.
- If you are following a vegan diet, replace the egg with tempeh heated up on a pan, or preferred heating method.