Smashed Avocado on Sauteed Greens & Quinoa
A vegan delight! This savory breakfast will satisfy your tummy and your tastebuds!
Why It's So Good For You
Protein, healthy fats and slow-releasing carbohydrates make for an excellent breakfast, sustaining you through your morning with energy and nutrients to support your daily activities. Quinoa is a slow-releasing carbohydrate, so it won't spike your blood sugars, but it's also a complete protein source - making it a great vegan or vegetarian option to ensure you're getting all the essential amino acids to repair and build proteins in the body. Avocado is also an incredible source of vitamins, fiber and healthy fats, which will help to keep you full and your skin glowing!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 handful cilantro (coriander)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach or chard
- 1 handful soft herbs (parsley, mint, basil, etc.)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil or butter in the pan and toss in the greens.
- Sauté on a medium heat until soft.
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, cayenne, lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked quinoa in with the greens to heat slightly.
- To serve, place the greens and quinoa mix on the plate and top with the smashed avocado.
Audio Languages: English
Grain-Free GranolaS1:Ep4 3 mins
2-Ingredient PancakesS1:Ep5 3 mins
Perfect Scrambled EggsS1:Ep6 3 mins
You Might Also Like
Toasted PepitasS1:Ep2 2 mins
Activated NutsS1:Ep3 2 mins
Satay SauceS1:Ep4 2 mins
Nut ButterS1:Ep4 3 mins
Seaweed ChipsS1:Ep1 2 mins
Avocado Probiotic CupS1:Ep5 2 mins
Sweet Potato FriesS1:Ep6 2 mins
Quinoa TabboulehS1:Ep6 1 min
Crispy Oven Baked FishS1:Ep2 3 mins
Waldorf SaladS1:Ep14 3 mins
Chia Seed PuddingS1:Ep2 1 min
Avocado DressingS1:Ep6 2 mins
Moroccan ChickenS1:Ep3 3 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia