A vegan delight! This savory breakfast will satisfy your tummy and your tastebuds!
Why It's So Good For You
Protein, healthy fats and slow-releasing carbohydrates make for an excellent breakfast, sustaining you through your morning with energy and nutrients to support your daily activities. Quinoa is a slow-releasing carbohydrate, so it won't spike your blood sugars, but it's also a complete protein source - making it a great vegan or vegetarian option to ensure you're getting all the essential amino acids to repair and build proteins in the body. Avocado is also an incredible source of vitamins, fiber and healthy fats, which will help to keep you full and your skin glowing!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1 handful cilantro (coriander)
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 handful kale
- 1 handful spinach or chard
- 1 handful soft herbs (parsley, mint, basil, etc.)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil or butter in the pan and toss in the greens.
- Sauté on a medium heat until soft.
- In a bowl, mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, cayenne, lemon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cooked quinoa in with the greens to heat slightly.
- To serve, place the greens and quinoa mix on the plate and top with the smashed avocado.