Chocolate Crackles that are healthy and perfect for kids. They're also gut-healthy, gluten free, and no dairy - just brilliant! This recipe is a winner with the family!
Raw cacao doesn't only taste great, but it contains the highest concentration of antioxidants of any food in the world. It is also the number one food source of magnesium, which is used to repair damage caused by free radicals, protect your nervous system, and help to reduce your risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular disease!
Serves: 30-35 bite-size slices
(use organic where possible)
- 200g cacao liquor or paste
- 1 cup dehydrated whole buckwheat groats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 250g cacao butter, melted
- 1 vanilla bean
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups currants
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Line a baking tray with small greaseproof mini muffin paper and set aside.
- Melt separately the paste and cacao butter, then mix both together when melted.
- Add the maple, vanilla bean, and a pinch of salt, and mix well.
- Fold in all the other ingredients to your mixed chocolate.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and distribute evenly.
- Place in the freezer until set.