This is for those who love a bit of tang! It's lovely, sturdy and filling, too, which is exactly what we look for in the perfect dessert or snack for ourselves or the kids!
Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps maintain your immune system and thus protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of a blood purifier.
Serves: Makes 30-35 small slices or squares
(use organic where possible)
FOR THE BASE
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dates, dried
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp water, if needed
- 1 cup roasted coconut
- 2 drops citrus essential oil (optional)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup cocoa butter, melted
- ¼ cup coconut butter, heaped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon zest for garnish
- To prepare the base, line a slice tin with natural grease-proof paper and set aside.
- Add the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until sticky and well combined, allowing a little texture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Press gently to distribute it evenly and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- To prepare the topping, add the ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the icing over the chilled base.
- Grate some fresh lemon zest over the icing.
- Allow to set in the fridge.
- Cut into squares or slices and serve.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Waffle ConesS1:Ep3 4 mins
Baked EggsS1:Ep1 2 mins
Homemade Baked BeansS1:Ep2 1 min
Toast ToppersS1:Ep4 2 mins
Jing Mushroom TeaS1:Ep6 13 mins
Not Tuna SushiS1:Ep12 17 mins
LicoriceS1:Ep4 6 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia