Carrot & Turmeric Cake
This cake is definitely for breakfast. Ohhhh, yes it is, folks! Filled with carrots, coconut, ginger, chia seeds, and turmeric, the body knows exactly how to absorb all the beautiful goodness that the plants provide to the body. This is exactly what nature requires from you in a carrot cake.
Juiced, roasted, mashed or eaten in a cake, carrots are a versatile food loaded with vitamins and minerals. They are also loaded with Vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, and fiber. Turmeric is one of the most versatile healing spices in the world with over 600 experimentally confirmed health benefits.
Serves: 12- 18 slices
(use organic where possible)
FOR THE BASE
- 3 large carrots, unpeeled and grated
- 1 cup small-diced fresh pineapple
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp freshly grated turmeric
- 2 cups soaked almonds, sprouted (soaked overnight in two cups of water, then rinsed well and drained)
- 10-12 dried dates
- ½ cup currants or prunes
- 2 ½ tsp psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp or more hemp seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE CREAMY ICING
- 1 ½ cups soaked cashews (soaked overnight in three cups of water, then rinsed well and drained)
- Flesh of 1 young coconut (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Water, if needed
- To prepare the cake, line a standard-sized, round, springform cake tin with grease-proof paper. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared cake tin.
- Press the mixture down into the tin to get an even layer.
- Keep in the fridge while you prepare the icing.
- To prepare the icing, add the ingredients to your blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour over the cake and set aside in the fridge to rest before serving.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
Toggie SproutsS1:Ep14 15 mins
Spicy EggplantsS1:Ep13 19 mins
Green Breakfast BowlS1:Ep15 13 mins
Raw Apple PieS1:Ep9 6 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia