Raw Chocolate Slice
Enjoy this gorgeous raw treat created by Chef Cynthia Louise! These little slices have a load of goodness that assists with anti-aging and hormone health. It really is the dessert to put you in a good mood!
Mineral-rich cacao energizes the body without overstimulating the nervous system, giving you incredible, long-lasting energy! Create loads of energy and combat fatigue with one of the highest concentrations of magnesium found in this natural food source. Magnesium also helps to protect against osteoporosis, reduces type II diabetes, and lowers blood pressure.
Serves: Makes 30 slices
(use organic where possible)
FOR THE BASE
- 2 cups cashews
- ½ cup dried dates, firmly packed
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 100g cacao butter, melted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- To prepare the base, line a standard square (20 x 20 cm) tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all the base ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until well combined and sticky.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and press to distribute the mixture evenly.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- To prepare the topping, add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over your slice base and set in the freezer or fridge.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Raw PizzaS1:Ep10 7 mins
Coconut Water and Milk KefirsS1:Ep3 13 mins
Nut Butter Chocolate FudgeS1:Ep9 2 mins
Peppermint PattiesS1:Ep10 2 mins
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Rocket FuelS1:Ep8 12 mins
Stem Cell Immune Illume ElixirS1:Ep4 19 mins
Green Monster Radiation Defense DrinkS1:Ep6 17 mins
Un-Fried RiceS1:Ep12 6 mins
Fermented Chia PuddingS1:Ep7 7 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia