Sometimes, after a late night workout, your hunger pangs are at bay. During some forms of workouts like interval training, your ghrelin (hunger inducing hormone) levels are suppressed, meaning you won't feel hunger immediately after. But don't go to bed hungry. Post workout is an ideal time to nourish those worked out cells.
Why It's Good For You:
Replenishing your body with the right nutrients can make a difference in your recovery! This chicken ginger stir-fry ticks all the right boxes for a post workout feed. Quality protein from the chicken is essential for muscle recovery and the addition of ginger not only adds flavor but can delay and suppress the onset of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Add all your favorite leafy greens in the mix for a hit of minerals and vitamins to take this mid-week dinner to the next level.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 tsp sesame oil, for cooking
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 organic chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 cups mixed green vegetables (eg. broccoli, snow peas, bok choy)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Heat wok or frying pan, add sesame oil and stir-fry garlic and your protein for 3-5 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add cashews and mix through.
- Add all of your green vegetables and toss well.
- Then add ginger, sesame oil, and tamari and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve as is or add some brown or long-grain rice.