Chia seed porridge is a hearty and satisfying breakfast. It is a great alternative to oatmeal!
Hemp is a great alternative to the less digestible soy and whey protein powders!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups fresh hemp milk
- 5 tbsp coconut palm nectar, yacon syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry chia seeds and hemp milk.
- Stir vigorously to cover all the chia seeds with milk.
- Stir every 5 minutes to prevent clumping. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. The porridge will thicken and reach its maximum volume in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keeps for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Audio Languages: English
Creamy Ranch DressingS1:Ep7 4 mins
Mock Chicken SaladS1:Ep8 8 mins
Vegan Pasta MarinaraS1:Ep9 11 mins
You Might Also Like
Green Monster Radiation Defense DrinkS1:Ep6 17 mins
10-Minute Salmon & Watermelon Mint PopsS2:Ep3 11 mins
Spring RollsS1:Ep11 5 mins
Homemade Pho Soup & Vietnamese Banh Mi WrapsS2:Ep1 19 mins
Vegan Shepherd's PieS1:Ep6 38 mins
Mindfulness Training Drastically Helps Kids SleepS9:Ep9 4 mins
The Best Ever Vegan Mac & CheeseS1:Ep2 12 mins
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia