Chia seed porridge is a hearty and satisfying breakfast. It is a great alternative to oatmeal!
Hemp is a great alternative to the less digestible soy and whey protein powders!
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 3 cups fresh hemp milk
- 5 tbsp coconut palm nectar, yacon syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maca powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry chia seeds and hemp milk.
- Stir vigorously to cover all the chia seeds with milk.
- Stir every 5 minutes to prevent clumping. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. The porridge will thicken and reach its maximum volume in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keeps for up to 5 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Audio Languages: English
You Might Also Like
Sign up for free videos and the latest from Gaia